Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Typical Blog

I'm going to go ahead and write about my sucky non-existent love life. That's what a blog is for right? To tell the world about my issues hoping that someone reads them.

I am single but I wear a silver band on my left ring finger. This brings up a lot questions and a very easy escape for bad pick up lines. I have worn this ring since my 15th birthday. My step father gave it to me. It is made of two bands, one revolves within the other. When he gave it to me he asked me if he could adopt me, and I should wear the ring until another man is worthy to replace it. I wear this ring with pride because I love my dad and I've worn it for so long I feel incomplete without it on. I love this ring but it is a constant reminder that I am in fact "single" and it has yet to be replaced.

Most people are afraid to be in a relationship because they don't want to be hurt. This is not my case. I do not want to be in a relationship because I have hurt every person I have been with. I have never been broken up with and I have never been the one wanting more out of the relationship. I run away from all commitment. I know what I have done and I don't want that anymore. I am barely 21 years old and this is the first time I haven't had someone romantic to be involved with. When I first got back from Honduras I was engulfed in the word and what God was doing in my life. I knew he was leading me somewhere great, I just didn't know where that was. Although life continues to be a little crazy and in the midst of a big move, I feel secure with my relationship with God and the life I am living.... and now I want someone to look forward to. Someone to live and walk with me with Christ.

Another fact is that I will not be living in Tennessee for much longer, so it would be just SILLY to start anything with anyone now. So it's hard to know that I will be alone for another 3 months. Then I'll be moving to a small town in northern Indiana where the tall, dark and handsome Christian 20-something year olds are plentiful. (That's sarcasm, I'm pretty sure I have met just about all the men that fall under those categories, and not in those categories, in Warsaw and they are either engaged, married, with-child or commitaphobic.) 6 months there.... and then my love life may start itching for a comeback. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment